Thursday, January 6, 2011

DON'T FALL FOR GIMMICKS...

January 6, 2011

DON'T FALL FOR GIMMICKS

The Internet and television are currently exploding with commercials advertising exercise equipment.  Marketing departments know that many 2011 New Year's resolutions are about exercising more.  This brings out the credit cards from many people.  Whether it is the core lounger, sauna belt, ab stimulator, or (my favorite) the neckline slimmer, they are all advertised as "miracle discoveries" that eliminate the need for working out to lose weight or toning up.  Even though our brain tells us that this is surely a gimmick, millions of dollars are spent on these easy, time-saving solutions.  To be fair, some of the advertised exercise equipment may not be completely worthless (like the shake weight or mini-stepper) IF they are used in combination with other more vigorous exercise routines.  Nevertheless, it is the claims that accompany many of these implements that make utter nonsense:  "FIRM ARMS IN ONLY 2 MINUTES A DAY."  "VIBRATE YOUR WAY TO A WHOLE NEW LIFE."  "ROCK HARD ABS WITH NO SWEAT."  "HAVE A DREAM BODY IN ONLY 6 MINUTES A DAY."  As I watch the the models demonstrating these items I wonder.... did they get their bodies in only 6 minutes per day using the "Body Vibrator"! 

....I have however used the Total Gym...I loved it!  No room for one now or I would get another and get on it.  You do sweat and raise your pulse on The Total Gym...I also like the Ab-roller... it makes sense to me but again I have no room for it.  So, I pull out my trampoline and workout during a full  TV show...  I jump, walk, jog and do passive Isometrics on my trampoline. I love it!( Especially when it is too cool outside to get outside)

The beautiful great outdoor...a good walk is always a desired way to stay healthy and burn some LBS.  Stretch, Water, Deep Breathing and ENJOY the Great Outdoors...Walking, plenty of water and Body Wise is exactly how I burned off two dress sizes and got back into the body of my young adulthood.
YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY!


1 comment: